sunnuntai 13. heinäkuuta 2014

I'm back again ya'll


Painting Stormtroopers Tempestus (Tempestii?)


Hi kids, it's me again, your favorite censored publisher. Today it's 0:06 when I'm typing this sentence (that's midnight for all the possible Americans and whatnots who use the A.M P.M system) and I couldn't give a rat's ass about censorship so there ya go.





Now that that's out of the way, here is a short tutorialesque text for you on

HOW TO PAINT TYROSIAN STORMTROOPERS TEMPESTII

of course with images. Let's get started.



So first off you probably want to do cut the pieces off the sprue. I know I did. Now glue the legs to the base and assemble the torso. This may take experience but it is very rewarding once you get it right. Just jam that fucker on the base and hold it still so that it glues into the position you want it to. Right.



  Next up you should have these pieces:
- Legs (glued to the base)
- Torso halves (assembled)
- Right hand (glued to the weapon)
- Left hand.
Paint-wise I use Blood red and Skull White or what the fuck ever they are nowadays. You might want to look that ups since I'm too lazy to and painted the way I do, these miniatures will get you all the street cred money respect envy fucks given when you play with these. Apply red on the torso, knee pads, shoulder guards, elbows, genital area, boots and ass pad. Paint all cloth white.





Glue the torso on and paint the trims and hip slabs metal. I use Ironbreaker for the additional game ten points to gryffindor nice look of it. You should also paint the roof of the shoulder lamp bling whatcahama-call-it red. Keep adjusting the paint layers and fix mistakes.

 Give him a head. I chose that one because it's simple enough and looks awesome, truly. Position the head as you want to, I made him look right. He also has the hands point his las-gun upwards, effectively giving the appearance that he is looking at something or turning quickly, flinging the gun over. I painted the so called lamp or night vision gear and his eyes green, starting with Dark Angels green and working up to Snot green and the Moot green.


The helmet was painted so that the top of it is red, with the trims, mask and ears being metal. I begun painting the straps on his arms and legs Graveyard Earth, which for the new hobbyists is essentially a light brown close ,but not quite, to toffee (or fudge, if you don't speak universal candy). Anyway, next up I pretty much went back and forth on these steps and playing GTA V until the first layers (red, metal, brown) were done. The piping on the gun was given the same treatment as the eyes. I painted the Imperial Aquila metal as with the scope and barrel. The fleshy bits of the hands were painted Cadian Fleshtone or whatever it is, something like that.

Next up the washing: Ogryn Flesh, The Green (forgot it's name and too lazy to check) and Devlan Mud (brown, essentially). Devlan mud was put all over except the pipes, eyes and hands. Green was put on piping and eyes, and finally Ogryn flesh was put on the hands.


I went to the grocery store to get snacks.
(Alepa if I remember correctly, which doesn't really matter except that if you ever find yourself in Finland and its late in the evening, the nearest Alepa is usually open the longest.) Krhm. Lastly, I took the fitting backpack and started working on that, but didn't feel like finishing it today. I did, however, glue the hands on.


                                                                      Looking good there.

                                                                   


So, on the to-do-list for future updates (which are as unlikely as sentient rocks knowing me, to be honest): arm scanners; backpack; stuff.

See ya next time then, which may take some time or be tomorrow I dunno. Bye ya'll

- MaGGoT

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti